The Health & Safety Officer will have full site responsibility for ensuring compliance with Health & Safety standards and the successful candidate will report to a member of the Executive Management Team. The position is at our Head Office in Southminster, Essex.
A solid structure for Health & Safety has been created within the company and the appointed Health & Safety Officer will be tasked with maintaining these structures and ensuring strict compliance to legal requirements whilst driving best-practice culture.
The company is seeking to achieve ISO45001 accreditation. The structures are in place to achieve this but the successful candidate will be tasked with getting the accreditation over the line. It is a great project for a person with ambition who is goal orientated.
• Ensuring that Europlaz is compliant with all relevant EH&S legislation.
• Being the on-site representative enacting the plan devised by a third-party consulting company.
• Co-ordinating, supporting and advising the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
• Understanding the plan and implementing actions to improve standards in accordance with environmental, health and safety objectives and proactively ensuring polices are updated in line with legislation changes.
• Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Ensuring all risk assessments are carried out in relation to COSHH, PUWER, LOLER and Fire and that an annual check takes place.
• Ensuring all accidents, incidents or near misses are fully investigated and all necessary paperwork (including Riddor) is completed and submitted to the correct regulatory body.
• Keeping fully abreast of current and pending Health and Safety legislation advising management of relevant changes.
• Undertaking monthly Housekeeping audits and reporting findings to relevant managers as part of monthly KPI’s.
• Establishing a structured programme of Health & Safety training throughout the Company.
Measuring, monitoring and managing key Health & Safety metrics, which will be reported into Management and Board meetings.
• Chairing, managing and devising the agenda for quarterly Health & Safety Committee meetings, ensuring agreed actions are completed and followed up, with minutes distributed.
• Driving cultural change initiatives throughout the company to ensure continual improvement in performance.
• Being the main point of contact for external authorities on EH&S issues.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ideally experience of working within an ISO45001 accredited business.
• Previous knowledge of working within a manufacturing business.
• Nebosh National General Certificate.
• Minimum of 3 years Health and Safety experience.
• Strong work ethic.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage their own workload independently.
• The confidence to engage with team members from all levels of the business
• Office administration experience
• PC literate – experience with Microsoft Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.) or equivalent.
How to Apply:
To apply for this vacancy please complete the form below and upload your CV and a Covering Letter.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE