The Health & Safety Officer has full site responsibility for ensuring compliance with Health & Safety standards and reports to a member of the Executive Management Team.
A solid structure for Health & Safety has been created within the company and the appointed personnel with be tasked with maintaining these structures and ensuring strict compliance to legal requirements whilst driving best-practice culture.
The company is seeking to achieve ISO45001 accreditation. The structures are in place to achieve this but the successful candidate will be tasked with getting the accreditation over the line. It is a great project for a person with ambition who is goal orientated.
Health & safety Officer Key Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that Europlaz is compliant with all relevant EH&S legislation
• On-site representative enacting the plan devised by third-party consulting company
• Co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety
• Understand the plan and implement actions to improve standards in accordance with environmental, health and safety objectives and proactively ensure polices are updated in line with legislation changes
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
• To ensure all risk assessments are carried out in relation to COSHH, PUWER, LOLER and Fire and that an annual check takes places
• Ensure all accidents, incidents or near misses are fully investigated and all necessary paperwork (including Riddor) is completed and submitted to the correct regulatory body
• Keep fully abreast of current and pending health and safety legislation advising management of relevant changes
• Undertaking monthly Housekeeping audits and report findings to relevant managers and as part of monthly KPI’s
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company
• Measure, monitor and manage key H&S metrics, which will be reported into Management and Board meetings
• Chair, manage and devise the agenda for quarterly H&S Committee meetings, ensuring agreed actions are completed and followed up, with minutes distributed
• Driving culture change initiatives throughout the company to ensure continual improvement in performance
• Be the point of contact for external authorities on EH&S issues
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ideally, experienced of working within an ISO45001 accredited business
• Previous knowledge of working within a manufacturing business.
• Nebosh National General Certificate
• Minimum of 3 years health and safety experience
• Strong work ethic
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong organisational skills and ability to manage own workload independently
• The confidence to engage with team members from all levels of the business
• Office Administration experience
• PC literate – experience with Microsoft Office packages (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel etc.) or equivalent.
Part-time hours: Flexible to be discussed
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
To apply please complete the form below. Strictly no agencies.