We are seeking a Financial Controller to head up the Finance Department and report to the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will need to be ACMA/ACA/ACCA qualified with strong experience in manufacturing. They should also have strong accounting and analytical skills with a solid background in operational and commercial business partnering having previously managed a small team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the Financial Controller
• To manage a small on-site finance and administration team.
• Be responsible for all aspects of accounting (payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries and all month and year-end reconciliations).
• Produce monthly management accounts, financial forecasts and budgets and be able to identify and explain all significant variances.
• Cost Accounting – ensure all products and projects are accurately costed and opportunities for margin improvement are swiftly identified.
• Business Partnering with non-financial members of the Senior Management Team.
• Report to the Board of Directors on the company’s performance and assist them with planning, strategy, development of new markets and opportunities and assist with other company management with operational matters.
• Qualified Accountant ACMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent
• Manufacturing experience (engineering environment preferred)
• Experience supervising & developing teams
• Sage and Manufacturing ERP systems experience desirable
The vacancy is based at our Head Office in Southminster, Essex.
To apply, please complete the form below and send in your CV and Covering Letter. Strictly no agencies please.